Luciano Sansone was born in Rome in 1958.
In 1981 he founded the BDS Studio, and in 1986 he started SINCRO and began producing public works for industrial and journalistic photography. Among his clients are FIAT, Brasil, Olivetti, and Enichem.
Sansone’s work has been published in magazines and newspapers, including La Repubblica, Messaggero, Panorama, Espresso, il Venerdì di Repubblica, Tutto musica e spettacolo, and Video.
He has also published several books of photography, among them
- ♦ Le case dei Contadini (Homes of Farmers, published by Nuova Guaraldi)
- ♦ Quadri ambientali della Toscana: Tre volumi sul paessaggio della Toscana
(Four Seasons of Tuscany, published by Marsilio, Venezia, 1990-1993)
- ♦ I patriarchi della natura: i 100 più grandi alberi della provincia dei Siena
(Nature’s Patriarchs: The 100 Largest Trees in the Province of Siena)
Sansone has photographed artists and their works, including Nino Franchina, Kounellis, Nagasawa, Mattiacci, and D. Hockney.
He has also produced several catalogs of art, such as “Isole del Disordine” in Cortona, and recently “Head On: Art with the Brain in Mind” at the Science Museum in London.
His work has been shown at:
- ♦ Centro de Estudos Brasileros, Piazza Navona, Roma
- ♦ Nino Franchina, Lo Spasimo, Palermo
- ♦ “Le case dei Contadini,” C. del Lago
- ♦ “Colori del Mali,” Umbertide
- ♦ Parco Mineriario, Gavorrano
- ♦ “Vetrina,” Produzioni Culturali Giovanili nell’Area Mediterranea, Bologna (1986)
- ♦ Palazzo Casali, Cortona (1995)
- ♦ Foiano (1997)
- ♦ Festival di “Fotografica,” at the Accademia di Moda e Costume, Roma (1998)
- ♦ Festival di “Fotografica,” Accademia di Moda e Costume, Roma (2000)
- ♦ Casa de Africa, La Habana (2002)
- ♦ L’arte a passo d’uomo - Fortezza del Girifalco, Cortona (2002)
- ♦ Von Festung zu Festung - Hochbunker di Ehrenfeld, Köln (2004)
- ♦ Sotterranea - Centro Espositivo Rocca Paolina, Perugia (2006)
Sansone has also given seminars in photography at the Amity School in Arezzo (1999), and at the Centro “la Dogana” in San Marino (2003).